Short Riding Holidays at Eland Lodge
Short Riding Holidays at Eland Lodge are perfect for those of you who live a little further away, or who want to undertake concentrated XC training! These 2-day short stay riding holidays at Eland Lodge are designed to allow you to enjoy our excellent cross country facilities in a friendly and relaxing environment.
Perfect for those of you who live a little further away, or who want to undertake concentrated XC training! These 2-day short stay riding holidays at Eland Lodge are designed to allow you to enjoy our excellent cross country facilities in a friendly and relaxing environment.
On both Day 1 & 2 you will have unlimited access to our Cross Country Facilities - take a relaxing hack around, work on specific fences, improve your horse’s fitness, practise combinations, work on your mpm timing, or ride the full course – there’s lots of opportunities! An overnight stable for your horse is included, and space for camping etc for you. Spectators/family/friends/grooms welcome.
The Cross Country Course is set in the beautiful Staffordshire countryside and features rolling hills and undulating terrain which runs through both grassland and woodland. Set in 65 acres or parkland, the cross country facilities feature full courses of 50cm, 70cm, BE80, BE90, BE100 & BE Novice fences, all built to the highest standards. More information about our XC Facilities here.
Add an extra night & day to your stay for £75
This short holiday package includes:
- Full use of the XC course for 1 horse for 2 days
- Stable for 1 horse for 1 night (in our Cheval Liberte temporary event stabling)
- Use of the portable toilets on the camping field, plus proper toilet and shower facilities on-site
- Use of the lorry park for camping/caravans/motorhomes/lorries/trailers
- £10 voucher to spend in our on-site equestrian & country store
- 50% off any arena bookings during your stay (subject to availability)
- Shavings: £8 per bale. You are welcome to bring your own bedding
- Additional guests: £10 per person (this includes their stay only)
- Electric hook up: please contact us for information
- Add an extra night and day to your stay for £75
Holiday availability between: 19th - 24th April, 2nd - 15th May, 23rd May - 5th June, 27th June - 3rd July, 15th - 21st August, 30th august - 4th September.
Booking now open - please call 01283 575856 to book your holiday.
- Meals are not included, self-catering is welcome, or we can recommend local pubs/restaurants.
- Hay/Haylage & feed for your horse is not included, please bring your own.
- Mucking out equipment & buckets are not provided, please bring your own.
- If you’d like instruction: You are welcome to bring your own instructors, or we can provide a list of local instructors & coaches who are familiar with Eland Lodge.
Arrival & Departure
Arrival from 9am on Day 1. Departure by 7pm (stables checked by 5pm) on Day 2. Unless by prior arrangement.
- Please see our competition and site rules, and health, safety and legal information.
- Our Current Vaccination Rules & Requirements apply to this event.
What to wear
When riding on the cross country course, you must wear:
- Suitable riding/cross country attire (legs & shoulders must be covered, we also advise long sleeve tops)
- An up to standard Peakless Hat (as per British Eventing Rules)
- An up to standard Body Protector.
- If an Air Jacket is worn, this must be worn over a standard Body Protector
Cancellation & Withdrawals
You can cancel your holiday at any time prior to your arrival and receive a 100% refund.