As riders we are always looking for legwear that allows us to ride and perform at our best in the saddle. Riding tights have become a hugely popular option for many reasons, including their comfortable fit, flexibility, breathability and sculpting properties.
To give these optimum levels of stretch and structure, riding tights are made from a mixture of polyester and elastane. Polyester is constructed from polyethylene terephthalate (PET), which is one of the most common type of plastic in the world.
Over recent years, processes have been developed that allow plastic bottles, which are also made from PET, to be recycled by cleaning and melting down the existing plastic and re-spinning it into new polyester fibre!
How your Cavallo Laja Grip Breeches are a more sustainable option:
- Made using plastic bottles which could otherwise have ended up in landfill or the ocean.
- Bottles are given a second life
- The productions of rPET uses less energy than producing virgin polyester, and produces less CO2 emissions too.
- This also means that less crude oil and natural gas is extracted to make the material.
- And you don’t need to worry about the impact on your new clothes - recycled polyester is pretty much the same as virgin polyester in terms of quality!