RULES AND CONDITIONS FOR ELAND LODGE EQUESTRIAN COMPETITIONS
- All competitions are run under B.D., B.S.J.A. or B.E rules for each discipline unless otherwise stated.
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel or amend a class in any way.
- Correct riding dress must be worn. A correctly fitting hat conforming to PAS015 or BSEN1384 and carrying the BSI kite mark must be worn at all times when mounted. A body protector of Level 3 standard must be worn when riding cross country. Riders should wear competition dress for all presentations of prizes.
- Horses and ponies must be 4 years old or over.
- The judges’ and stewards’ decisions are final. Objections must be handed to the judges in writing within 30 minutes of the incident, together with a £10 deposit which will be forfeited if the objection is not sustained.
- Please respect our property at all times. Please ensure that you pick up any droppings or litter from around the lorry/trailer park before leaving. No skipping out onto the field or anywhere else on site.
- No horse or pony to be left unattended unless correctly secured inside the trailer/horsebox.
- Owners entering their horses/ponies do so at their own risk and it is deemed a condition of entry that no liability of any kind be attached to Eland Lodge Equestrian or its officials in any respect whatsoever.
- All horses should be vaccinated and routine spot checks will be undertaken.
- First Aid cover will be available on site at all of our show jumping competitions and Paramedic cover at our cross country events.
- Strictly no ATVs or motorbikes
- Dogs are very welcome but please keep on a lead at all times and clean up any waste.
- Junior riders are those under 16 on 1/1/2014.
- ENTRIES FOR DRESSAGE, HUNTER TRIALS AND THE ELAND LODGE ONE DAY EVENTS CLOSE ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE COMPETITON. HOWEVER ENTRIES WILL CLOSE AS SOON AS THE EVENT IS FULL.
- Please enter as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Entry forms are available on our website: www.elandlodge.com or in the shop. You can also fax your entry to us (01283 575948) and pay by card over the telephone.
- Late entries may be accepted after the closing date if space permits but all entries will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. A £3 surcharge per class will be levied.
- Refunds: A full refund will be given prior to closing dates which are always one week prior to an event. After closing date a 50% refund will be given only if your space can be filled. For B.E. competitions the declared policy remains.
- In the event of a cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances Eland Lodge Equestrian will endeavor to reschedule the event or refund any entry fees less a 20% administration fee.
- THE COURSE WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR WALKING AFTER 2:00PM ON THE DAY BEFORE A HUNTER TRIAL OR ONE DAY EVENT.
- TIMES: PLEASE LOOK ON OUR WEBSITE www.elandlodge.com OR TELEPHONE BETWEEN 1PM AND 3PM TWO DAYS PRIOR TO THE COMPETITION.
- Spectators are welcome at all of our events.
Health and Safety
Eland Lodge Equestrian Limited has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organisers and all other officials and stewards.
No claim will be entertained by the organisers of this event for injury, loss or damage caused to or suffered by any horse or pony or any other property in connection with or arising from this event whether or not the said injury, loss or damage is caused by the negligence of the organiser, his servants or agents. All contestants must have their own personal and third party insurance and provide documentary evidence of such cover if requested to do so by the organiser.