Internet Explorer is not supported on this website. Please use Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Microsoft Edge to view this content.
Your horse will receive the best of care at Eland Lodge. Led by our highly qualified and experienced Livery Yard Manager, our knowledgeable and friendly staff are on hand 365 days a year to ensure your horse receives the best care and attention possible.
Your horse will benefit from care throughout the day plus a late evening check at 8.30pm for peace of mind. In the event of an emergency, 24 hour supervision is available.
Eland Lodge boasts approximately 50 acres of well managed grazing land. We aim to give the horses as much natural grazing time as possible – daily turnout is available all year round, apart from when extreme weather could be a risk to your horse’s safety, and Cross Country event days.
Horses are grazed individually, however pairs grazing can be made available should this be a preferred and suitable option for both horses.
All of our stables are 12’ x 12’, fully rubber matted and include an automatic water drinker and corner hay manger.
In total we have 28 livery stables; 22 of these are in our main “American Barn” style accommodation, whilst 6 are in outside blocks, and include our isolation stables used for new arrivals and quarantines.
Feed & Bedding
The care, comfort and health of your horse is of paramount importance to us at Eland Lodge. We’re proud to offer the highest quality feed and bedding:
We use dust extracted shavings for your horses bed.
Liveries have a choice of top quality hay or haylage which can also be soaked if required.
A principal range of hard feeds and chaffs are available, tailored feeding plans are developed with owners to ensure your horse gets everything he needs for optimum health and performance.
Livery Facilities & Security
In addition to the fantastic stabling, turnout and riding facilities, you’ll also have access to the following:
- Well-lit indoor hot wash area, this is ideal for bathing, grooming, plaiting and clipping.
- Indoor Solarium which can be used for drying your horse, therapeutic purposes, and keeping your horses muscles in tip top condition
- Storage space for all your essential equipment
- Rug hanging rails
- Secure, alarmed tack room
- Parking for your horse box or trailer
- Equestrian and Country Store
The security of the site and your horses is well considered, liveries benefit from:
- CCTV coverage
- Business owners and Livery Yard Manager living on-site
- Perimeter security
- Strict bio-security procedures in place for the benefit of your horse
As a livery client you have access to a great range of riding and exercise facilities in and around Eland Lodge. Whether you’re committed to developing and moving up the levels, or ride purely for enjoyment, Eland Lodge is a fantastic base.
- Arena – our 4000m2 Andrews Bowen Pro Wax surface is available to liveries through the booking system. Depending on competitions this will be set up with a full set of show jumps, arena eventing jumps, or dressage boards.
- Cross Country Course – Our BE standard 65 acre cross country course is available to liveries on a managed basis throughout the open season.
- Hacking – enjoy a quiet hack through the beautiful countryside, lanes and tracks that surround Eland Lodge. For the quiet rider you may well be able to see Roe and Fallow Deer, or even a pretty little Muntjac.
- Horse Walker – Liveries have exclusive access to our Claydon 5-horse walker.
Clinics & Competitions
Eland Lodge hosts a range of clinics and competitions throughout the year from unaffiliated dressage, showjumping, one day events and the Horseware Hunter Trials National Championships through to affiliated BD, BS & BE events. The training and competitions available create an invaluable resource for developing and improving your riding. Click here to see our full range of competitions and clinics.