Internet Explorer is not supported on this website. Please use Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Microsoft Edge to view this content.
Horseware National Hunter Trials Championship Finals
Perfect for those of you who love Cross Country, Hunter Trials are a competitive XC only event! You are only eligible to compete at the Horseware National Hunter Trials Championships if you placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd with a clear round at one of the Horseware National Hunter Trials Qualifiers.
Hunter Trials are a real test of horse and rider partnership, competitors take on the full BE standard Cross Country course. This is held over Eland Lodge’s undulating terrain which runs through grassland and woodland. Great for riders of all abilities, classes range from 70cm – 1m and also include a pairs class.
You are only eligible to compete at the Horseware National Hunter Trials Championships if you placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd with a clear round at one of the Horseware National Hunter Trials Qualifiers. A full list of qualifying venues can be found on here.
Class 1: 70cm (Saturday 29th September)
Fences: Max. height 70cm (approx. 2’3”)
Flag Colour - Blue
Class 2: 80cm (Saturday 29th September)
Fences: Max. height 80cm (approx. 2’7”)
Flag Colour - Purple
Class 3: 80cm Pairs (Sunday 30th September)
Fences: Max. height 80cm (approx.. 2’7”)
Flag Colour - Purple
Class 4: 90cm (Sunday 30th September)
Fences: Max. height 90cm (approx. 2’11”)
Flag Colour - Orange
Class 5: 1m (Sunday 30th September)
Fences: Max. height 1m (approx. 3’3”)
Flag Colour - Pink
- Class 1, 2, 4 & 5: £38*
- Class 3: £56*
*There is an additional start fee of £5 per rider per day which must be paid to the secretary when declaring.
- There will be an undisclosed optimum time in each class
- The winner will be the rider with the least number of jumping penalties who is closest to the optimum time
- Certain fences on the Cross Country course may have a black flag option (alternative) but these will attract time or penalty points. These will be clearly marked.
- The Championships are held under British Eventing Cross Country Rules, with the exception that NO WATCHES ARE ALLOWED.
- No horse or pony entered in the competition is allowed to school over the Cross Country course for one full week before the event.
- Please see our competition and site rules, and health, safety and legal information.
What to Wear
- Appropriate cross country competition wear must be worn
- You must wear an up to standard peakless Hat (as per British Eventing Rules)
- You must wear an up to standard Body Protector. If an Air Jacket is worn, this must be worn over a standard Body Protector
- Hats and Body Protectors may be checked as part of a tack check in the collecting rings.
- You will need to provide your own number bib (a limited supply will be available to purchase in our shop on the day)
Rosettes & Prizes
Rosettes and prize vouchers are awarded up to 10th place, dependent on the number of entries per class. Classes will not be split/sectioned – there is only one National Champion per class.
Pairs Class Dressing Fence: An additional prize is awarded in the 80cm Pairs class, judged on the competitors’ style and togetherness at the dressing fence. This will not affect the overall result.
Start times will be published 48 hours before the event and will be available on this event page.
There is an additional start fee of £5 per rider per day which must be paid to the secretary when declaring. Competitors are to declare at the show secretary’s tent to collect their numbers before entering the warm up arena.
Cancellation & Withdrawals
- You will recieve a 100% refund up to one week prior to the event. After this date you will be refunded only if we can fill your space.
- If you would like to withdraw please contact us via email or phone.
- For further information about cancellation and refunds please click here.