Internet Explorer is not supported on this website. Please use Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Microsoft Edge to view this content.
Eland Lodge Equestrian is a well known and respected equestrian establishment situated in the beautiful Staffordshire countryside. Our diverse business includes a livery yard, retail store, online store, competitions and facility hire. As a family run business our employees benefit from working in small, friendly teams and a supportive, knowledgeable environment.
We’re always happy to hear from people who may be interested in working for us. Speculative CVs can be sent to [email protected]
We are looking for a self-motivated, organised individual to fulfil the role of Events Secretary here at Eland Lodge. This busy role will offer the ideal candidate the chance to combine their passion for equine sport with their organisational talents and deliver a successful calendar of events, ranging from grassroots unaffiliated level through to BD, BS and BE affiliated events, and not forgetting several National Championships.
The successful candidate would drive the production of the annual event calendar, and thereafter take responsibility for organising all office based matters relating to the events themselves. This will include duties such as:
- Booking judges, officials & stewards
- Contacting and organising volunteers
- Attending meetings for various governing bodies of the sport, and coordinating their requirements with regards to our events
- Provide secretarial support for a range of major events throughout the year
- Provide excellent customer communications and customer service to event competitors
Job Type: This a Full Time Position, however by the nature of the role the patterns of the job will vary throughout the year, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to schedule their workload to reflect this. Weekend working will be a regular feature of this post.
Reports To: The position reports directly to the Company Secretary, with additional support from the rest of the management team
Please email CVs to [email protected]. Application deadline: 10/10/22
Retail Manager: Equestrian & Country Clothing
We are seeking a retail professional capable of managing and further developing the store.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A proven track record in retail/sales with management responsibility
- An in depth knowledge of all things equine
- A desire to succeed both personally and professionally
- Proficient use of various computer packages and systems
- Familiarity with the various equestrian disciplines
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Staff management
- Delivery of sales targets
- Stock management
- Management of the store environment
- External sales operations
- Reporting and analysis
The successful candidate will be a motivated retail professional with an eye for detail, good time management skills, personable, forward thinking and commercially minded.
Applications in writing with a detailed C.V. to Veronica Coupland at [email protected]. Application deadline: 28/10/2022
Coffee Shop Assistant
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our retail store here at Eland Lodge for somebody to join our thriving and successful business. We’re looking for a polite, enthusiastic Coffee Shop Assistant who will be required to:
- Confidently deliver first-class customer service
- Prepare and serve hot drinks, cakes and light refreshments (training can be provided)
- Be proactive in ensuring that shelves are kept re-stocked, and the coffee shop area is kept clean and tidy
- Be self-motivated and happy to work independently
This role is based in our Equestrian Store; equestrian knowledge would be an advantage but is not essential for this role. You will need to have access to transport, as we are rurally based and not on a public transport route.
Part Time role available: this will involve working on a Saturday, plus some additional event days. Salary to be discussed at interview. Minimum age for applicants: 14.
To apply, please email your CV to [email protected]